«Previous    Next»
Arkansas Bale Mover
Sometimes when I have to move a big round bale and my tractor is not available, I use what I call an Arkansas Bale Mover. It consists of a round 1-in. dia. steel bar about 7 ft. long. I sharpen one end and weld a hand-sized steel plate to the other end, attached to a 15-ft. length of chain. I attach another hand-sized plate to the other end of the chain, drilling a hole through the center of the plate. I insert the bar into the center of the bale so about 1 ft. sticks out of either side, and then slip the plate with the hole in it over the sharpened end. Then I just loop the chain over the ball hitch on my pickup and roll it to wherever it needs to go. Works great. (William Sowell, 11798 Hwy. 110, Shirley, Ark. 72153)

  Click here to download page story appeared in.

  Click here to read entire issue

To read the rest of this story, download this issue below or click here to register with your account number.
Order the Issue Containing This Story
2018 - Volume #42, Issue #2