I built this squeeze chute myself with the help of a friend, Stan Parker, at a fraction of the cost of a new one. We patterned it after commercial chutes and used plans from the British Columbia Department of Agriculture. The most difficult part of building it was getting the headgate catch to work right so it would swing and fit snug. We put in about 200 hrs. building it and spent a total of about $300 on parts, using mostly surplus or salvaged materials. Works great. (Bill Crane, S11 C37, Rt. 1, Naramata, B.C. V0H 1N0 Canada)
Click here to download page story appeared in.
Click here to read entire issue
To read the rest of this story, download this issue below or click here
to register with your account number.