1993 - Volume #17, Issue #6, Page #27[ Sample Stories From This Issue | List of All Stories In This Issue | Print this story | Read this issue]
He Builds Giant Size Row Crop Planters
Milford Friesen has been building and selling 60-ft. toolbars on a limited basis ever since FARM SHOW first featured his big planters in 1989 (Vol. 13, No. 6). Now he's started selling his giant planters through Deere dealers, equipped with no-till coulters, starter fertilizer tanks, and programmable Rawson hydraulic population control systems. Front-mount lift wheels leave the area behind the toolbar clear so no skip rows are needed when set up for 15-in. rows.
"As far as I know, no one else offers a 60-ft. toolbar that folds forward to a 16 ft. 9-in, transport width," says Friesen, who also makes a full range of smaller toolbars. "Fitted with Deere row units, you can plant 30-in. corn and 15-in. soybeans into no-till and also apply starter fertilizer."
Planter features include:
• MaxEmerge II row units staggered 7 in. from front to back, allowing heavy residue to flow easily through the planter.
• Electro-hydraulic control system, powered by one remote hydraulic outlet, controls all functions.
• Seed and fertilizer drive systems automatically turn off when planter is raised and turn on again when it's lowered.
• "One-touch" individual control of markers.
• Folds for transport in 1 min. without leaving your tractor.
• Three-section flexibility allows planter to hug the ground on rolling terrain.
• Wings float up or down 8 degrees; 12 degrees when specially tapered, 3-bu. hoppers are installed at wing hinges.
A 60-ft. long toolbar sells for $35,000. A triple hydraulic seed drive system sells for $7,540. S tarter fertilizer package fora 30-ft. toolbar sells for $12,000.
Contact: FARM SHOW Followup, Friesen Friesen Inc., Box 174, Litchfield, Neb. 68852 (ph 308 446-2371).
Click here to download page story appeared in.
Click here to read entire issue
To read the rest of this story, download this issue below or click here to register with your account number.