«Previous    Next»
Nutri Shield
Nutri-Shield is a powder that you mix with water to spray on bales. As it dries, the product forms a resilient, plastic-like coating that protects both round and square bales from moisture. Once Nutri-Shield has dried it sheds water like a plastic cover, according to the company. A "hoop" sprayer equipped with a 9-ft. dia. boom and 10 spray jets is used to apply the coating. It can be mounted on front of a pickup or on the front or back of a tractor. The sprayer will cover a 1,500 lb. round bale in less than 5 sec. It comes with a 5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine, 7700 roller Hi-Pro pump, and a 55-gal. graduated tank made of heavy gauge, high-impact plastic. Contact: FARM SHOW Followup, Nutri-Shield, Inc., 15416 Johnson Drive, Shawnee Mission, Kan. 66217 (ph 913 631-0500). A protective coating has also been developed by Dale Halford, Bing-ham, Ill. (Vol. 13, No. 2). Halford uses an edible soybean oil-based mixture that he calls "balebutter".The protective coating is sprayed evenly in a 1/4-in. thick layer over the top of bales. According to Halford, the soybean oil in the mixture repels rain and keeps the bale-butter from washing away. It also boosts the nutritional value of bales. Contact: FARM SHOW Followup, Dale Halford, Box 30, Bingham, Ill. 62011 (ph 618 423-9048).

  Click here to download page story appeared in.

  Click here to read entire issue

To read the rest of this story, download this issue below or click here to register with your account number.
Order the Issue Containing This Story
1989 - Volume #13, Issue #5