«Previous    Next»
Bale Unroller Mounts On Grapple Fork
"Our new grapple fork-mounted bale unroller lets you carry a bale out to the field and then quickly unroll it, all by using your loader," says Tim McManaman, Spalding, Neb.
  McManaman is working with Mark Carraher, a local farmer who invented the patent pending bale unrolling device. It consists of a 5-ft. long, 6-in. dia. metal roller mounted on a 6-ft. length of channel iron that clamps onto the outside prongs of a grapple fork. A 1-in. dia. shaft inside the roller rotates on 1-in. mounted bearings. The channel iron attaches to the grapple fork with 1/2-in. U-bolts and rigid 1/2-in. mounting plates.
  "It's convenient to use because it doesn't require any hydraulics, and because it's never in the way if you want to use your loader bucket to do other jobs," says McManaman. "You just drop the bale on the ground, then lower the grapple fork and drive forward to unroll the bale. It works better than 3-pt. mounted unrollers, which have to be disconnected if you want to pull anything else behind your tractor. The channel iron mounting bracket is wide enough to fit any grapple fork."
  Sells for $649 plus S&H.
  Contact: FARM SHOW Followup, Mark Carraher, 81523 503rd Ave., Spalding, Neb. 68665 (ph 308 750-8847; Mcman1@frontiernet.net).

  Click here to download page story appeared in.

  Click here to read entire issue

To read the rest of this story, download this issue below or click here to register with your account number.
Order the Issue Containing This Story
2009 - Volume #33, Issue #1