You can read up to three stories for free.

To view more stories

SUBSCRIBE NOW

(If you're already a subscriber, click here to Login - or click here to Register if you're a first-time user.)
1987 - Volume #11, Issue #5, Page #31
Sample Stories From This Issue | List of All Stories In This Issue | Print this story ]

    «Previous    Next»
Home gas detector senses toxic fumes

Many poisonous gases are almost impossible to detect by the human nose. That's why an Iowa company says it developed a new home gas detector that'll let you know if natural gas, propane or carbon monoxide levels inside your house ever build to dangerous levels due to leaks or malfunction in furnace or appliances, or from a car in an attached garage.
Company representative Ray Dean told FARM SHOW the new detector sets off an ear-piercing alarm when toxic gas sets it off. You can install it in the garage, basement, or any other part of the living area. The unit runs off 110-volt power, installing like a smoke detector. It's continuously self-checking and sets off an audible "chirping" sound if the unit itself ever stops working.
Sells for $129.95.
For more information, contact: FARM SHOW Followup, Home Safe Marketing, Rt. 1, Box 59, Melvin, Iowa 51350.

Click here to download page story appeared in.


Order the Issue Containing This Story
1987 - Volume #11, Issue #5